Sunday, January 2, 2011

My first post

It is the begining of a new year so I decided I would begin a blog! My goal is  to keep weekly updates on our life and what we are are up to and planning!! Art and I are excited to begin a new chapter in our lives together.  We met three years ago this month; everyday has been an exciting adventure.  We love to travel which we have road tripped to chicago twice, Playa del Carmen (beautiful resort so romantic and I had never been in the ocean before!), we recently went to Las Vegas and these are the fun trips we have been on.  Every day I wake up to the love of my life and can't wait for the daily adventures we go through together.  There have been difficult times of loss in 2010 my grandfather, godmother, and dear friend, but I am blessed my family, hubby, and friends are my rock.  I graduated with my masters a few weeks ago this was one of my biggest dreams and even when I was stressed and not the nicest person I had the biggest team of encouragers who I owe this accomplishment to. 

Now 2011 our goals are to focus on health with changing our eating habits ( I have to learn to cook and not pick up take out/ fast food everyday for EVERY MEAL) We don't want to set a resolution to lose weight or diet but make a committment to live a healthy happy life!  I am going to begin a "bootcamp" tomorrow very different from most it's P90X, Zumba, Turbo Kick, Pilates, Hip Hop Hustle, Stomp Aerobics, Piloxing.  I am a night owl and the workout starts at 5:30 which means i need to be up dressed and out the dorr at 5:30 sooo please pray hehe!!!!  More updates tomorrow!!! 

Love THE KINGS kass and artie

6 comments:

  1. So I have decided I will post again as a comment to update daily; just trying to get used to this new blog thing! Today Katie and I went to the bootcamp it was great and there were alot of wonderful women there! I didn't plan to stop drinking pop just realized i hadn't had one all day it was great. I am totally shocked that at 9 pm I am exhausted i am normally just now getting my second wind. Ate a granola bar before workout, lunch i had a salad, and dinner was whole wheat linguini spaghetti. I hope this healthy change lasts I don't like yoyoing anymore and i want to feel great not just ok about myself! So i guess i'm not to talkative tonight must update food and workout daily to keep myself on track!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. U go girl! :) Keep it up.....even tho u already have a slamming body!!! :) I love u

    ReplyDelete
  3. This morning katie woke up sick so i couldn't go to bootcamp she had my mat and weights in her car...boo!!! BUT i did do crunches and yoga. Worked all day it was kinda ok it was very busy and when i got home art was talking to the Jehovah witnesses who come around, they were in a deep conversation about their beliefs on why they will not fight for our country. It was interesting! I went to ZUMBA at 6:30 and I can now barely walk and sitting here even hurts. Can't wait for 5 am to go back to bootcamp though to work out the soreness! Today i ate a granola bar for breakfast, tomatoe, carrots, celery for lunch, and turkey meat tacos with whole wheat tortillas. Another day without pop and i am feeling good. Hoping i get tired soon or i will be exhausted tomorrow. Artie and I have been singing old school rap songs all night we have soooo much fun together! I love this man even when he falls asleep on the couch and snores loud or talks only about cars

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today was a great workout at bootcamp we did some great aerobics, zumba dances, a fun game trying to get a handkerchief out of a pocket with a group of 7 people in a circle arms on shoulders we could only move as a group the 8th person was on the outside trying to grab it. We had to work as a unit to outwit the outside person we ran around like kids and didn't realize how much it was working my arms and cardio!!! When we were finished i thought it was time for abs or cool down and we had to run suicide sprints ohhh man i felt great now i'm TIRED AND SOMEHOW WIDE AWAKE ! I ate a granola bar and two bottles of water before work and then made the mistake of laying down when i got home. I woke up and jumped out of bed for work. Ate celery and veggies for lunch but we had taco bell for dinner just ate a chalupa tasted soooooo good. Still haven't had pop and ready for tomorrow!!! 2011 here we go lovin life

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey you! Awesome girl! I am very very proud of u! And I love bloging like I did before! :) Only it was AOL and Myspace. lol I love hearing about ur days! :) I love u girl and for Kev birthday he just wants to go out to eat with everyone. Saturday night.....Let me know, he hasnt decided on a place but he will by tomorrow or tonight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Today I woke up with the worst headache problem was it was at 7 am.... Ms. Katie slept through her alarm and i didn't set mine b/c she is usually my alarm hehe!! Looks like I will be setting my alarm to get her butt up when she oversleeps! Went to work and reorganized MY ENTIRE OFFICE. Fixed all the wires untangled, tapped them up to make them nice and to be honest so i won't trip get shocked or drop my phone anymore!! Did paperwork and then went to Zumba. Maren taught tonight she had a few new dances that I LOVE!!!!!!!!! There was a huge class and i am sooo sore from bootcamp but I knew I had to push through it or I wouldn't be worth anything at bootcamp and especially teaching Zumba the next two nights. It was the best workout i've had in months didn't get winded, sweat like crazy, and pushed when i got home i decided to weigh in.... I know you are supposed to weigh in the morning but i was just curious... and I LOST 4 POUNDS THIS WEEK!! I am so excited i have been gaining pounds because i was gaining muscle but under fat since I stopped drinking pop and changed my workout routine i hope i am finally going to tone and LEAN OUT!!!!!!! Now i just pray i can walk haha

    ReplyDelete